Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Tips and Tricks Tuesday - {Blogtoberfest day 11}

I thought I might try to bring to you a tip or trick or two every Tuesday.
So here are a few tips to get started...

Make your sewing machine easy to move...

To make moving your sewing machine around your table top apply on all 4 corners the little felt sticky pads you use for the bottoms of furniture (it stops them scratching hardwood floors). They are super adhesive and it means no more lifting you're machine when you need a few extra inches of work space, simply glide. I use Madico brand (as it was what I had on hand) but I am sure there are many others on the market.

{source}


How to remove water soluble markers from fabric...

The second tip is to remove water soluble markers from your fabric use a water pen, they are often used as with watercolour as it has a reservoir of water inside the pen and synthetic bristles, which when lightly squeezed a small amount of water comes out onto the bristles when allows you to easily remove the pen mark with out the fear of over saturating your sewing.

{source}
If you have any tips or tricks and would like to see them featured on tips and tricks tuesday feel free to leave it in the comments below!

Until next time, keep crafting!





2 comments:

  1. Oh thanks for the tip about the water pen, I didn't even know such a thing existed! I tend to half drown whatever project I happen to be working on to remove the pen marks, so I will definitely be checking this out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's such a handy tool to have!

    xg

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Locations of Site Visitors
 

Template by BloggerCandy.com